Topic: Housing Grant (back to index)

Created on 2020-06-26 22:35:11 by Natasha (User) from

I am an African American first time home buyer that just got approved for an FHA loan. I am seeking a grant with associated costs such as downpayment and closing costs. Anything helps, I really need something to call my own for my children and grandchildren stay when I have passed on. Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Natasha Murry

8 Replies

Aaron (Administrator) from replied on 2020-06-27 06:08:45

The United States government does not provide government grants to help individuals on personal housing needs, such as downpayment and closing costs.

Amy (User) from replied on 2020-11-18 06:14:30

Do they help the homeless ssi disability recipients purchase homes?

ABRAHAM (User) from replied on 2020-12-12 23:49:42

am in need of  help to  pay Rent

Audrey (User) from replied on 2021-03-05 21:21:00

There are programs for people of low income called a first time homebuyer program. Call your local housing commissioner for 
more information

Henry (User) from replied on 2022-02-03 00:08:54

My name is Henry McCloud Jr,
My wife and I are both veterans with a 100% disability.I'm requesting some repair work done tour home. I saw a grant range between $5,000-25,000 can be awarded if you meet the eligibility requirements without having to pay the back.

Sierra (User) from replied on 2022-04-18 14:13:40

Hi  I am 4 months pregnant and I'm homeless I need help on getting me a place or home for me and soon to be newborn

Donald (User) from replied on 2022-05-24 17:02:11

My name is Donald W. Hill me  my wife and my son are living  in  a motel for the last month.  Also I have been scammed out of $1500.00 dollars by a rental scam.  We are paying 800.00 per week all of our savings has been emptied by paying the motel.  I'm looking for a grant for help with either buying a house or renting a apartment I am a amputee with a bad back i have had 4 back surgeries and still in terrible pain.

Thatcher (User) from replied on 2022-07-19 21:09:10

My name is Trisha McGarity and me and my husband Thatcher Haynes have been trying to get some work done on our home. We need assistance with that, because are income does not allow. Have seen grants or assistance programs for first time home buyers.