Topic: Lost job single mother of 2 13 year old daughter was shot (back to index)

Created on 2023-03-18 10:56:49 by Melissa (User) from usgrants.org

My job is going bankrupt and laid off most people. I am a single mother of 2 living from paycheck to paycheck. My 13 year old daughter was shot by a drive by. So I take her to lots of doctor appointments and physical therapy. Currently struggling just to feed them.

5 Replies

Melissa (User) from usgrants.org replied on 2023-03-18 10:58:26

If anyone could help please I would appreciate it . I applied for edd and food stamps currently still waiting

Omer (User) from usgrants.org replied on 2023-03-23 23:13:42

You are looking in the wrong places. Government grants are not for cases like these. 

Look here: https://www.fema.gov/assistance/individual

Angela (User) from usgrants.org replied on 2023-05-22 16:34:30

Hello my name is Angela I just recently lost my job of 5 years because I could not keep a babysitter due to my child being autistic I have a 16 year old autistic daughter and a four year old son and I have my oldest daughter who just moved back into home with her 4-month-old son my grandson living paycheck to paycheck paid thirteen hundred dollars a month and rent plus all my utilities now I don't even have the paycheck and I am struggling really bad

Jessica (User) from usgrants.org replied on 2023-06-07 19:38:35

Hi my name is Jessica I I'm a single mother with eight children I had to recently stop working to take care of my daughter who is 14-year-old she got shot in her left eye  currently  we have been going to Albuquerque back and forth I struggling for ride to get there and back I have no money to pay a babysitter  for motel rooms  and we just found out she will be getting her eye removed I just really need some kind of financial help

Brandi (User) from usgrants.org replied on 2023-07-27 06:49:06

Melissa I'm just another user but I suggest you go to the local district attorneys office and get information in how to apply for victim assistance. You can also search online for programs nationwide that help victims of crimes. Remember to be specific for example a good Google search would be "Emergency Housing assistance for single mother at risk of homelessness and recent victim of gang violence". There is a million ways to word your search and try everyone of them ok. I am so sorry and I wish I was able to help more. Maybe if I can get the funding to repair my home I can offer victims of violence an emergency sanctuary so they can get back on their feet and become self reliant and confident families without the additional trauma due to lack of resources. Good Luck Momma I'm glad your baby made it. Try to find whatever silver lining may exist k